Friday, August 27, 2010

Shaking the sillies out


Passing a glorious display of jewel-toned chrysanthemums outside our local market earlier this week, it suddenly hit me: fall is fast approaching! Time for another Halloween design!

I chewed on an idea all the way home and, having dutifully stashed away my groceries, sat down to sketch. DH sailed through the kitchen and I showed him my crude drawing--he laughed. A good sign! I then transferred my idea to graph paper, and having slept on the count for the border, painted the design you see here the next day. "The Gamblers" was born!

These little poker-playing ghosts join their singing and dancing counterparts of "A Chorus Line" and last year's "Dreamgirls," and offer me my once-a-year opportunity to let my imagination go wild and be slightly ridiculous! I'll be stitching this canvas as a door-hanger, so drop in to watch my progress!

7 comments:

Cool City Stitcher said...

I love it! Can't wait to see you bright these ghostly poker players to life with your stitchery skills!

Cool City Stitcher said...

Oops! meant to say "bring" and not bright. (Insufficient caffeine causes word-finding difficulty.)

Kareen said...

OH MY! I LOVE HALLOWEEN! This is great! Do more Halloween stuff when your done! :)

Possibilities, Etc. said...

This is hilarious - and I can see who has the better hand. I loved your singing ghostly ladies last year, and certainly look forward to this one stitched.

Anonymous said...

This looks like fun! I'll be back to watch it grow!

Anonymous said...

This will be fun to watch. Chips, felt tabletops, and ghosts! Where do you start on this one? Can't wait to see.

Cyn said...

Hi Anne,

I love it!

My daughter just walked by started laughing and said that she loves it!

We love Halloween, play cards, and my husband does play poker so this would be perfect for him. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow