Saturday, October 2, 2010

A wee bit of whimsy


If you've been following the commodities market in the news lately, you know that the price of precious metals has been increasing significantly. The price of gold is on the rise, spurring a lot of folks to rummage through their old jewelry in search of hidden assets.

My office/studio has been the repository of several pieces of unused furniture since we moved to the Cape four years ago. The good news is this furniture is about to go to a new home; the bad news is I need to clean up my act! While rearranging things, I, too, came across a "hidden asset"--my little Leprechaun cylindrical design, and he's holding a pot of gold!

I stitched a model of the Leprechaun several years ago, but I've decided to rework him for someone else. It should prove to be an interesting experiment in how my stitching has progressed since the first little fellow came to life, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

I look forward to watching this - and the comparison with your first one. It's interesting to see the evolution of our skills over time.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like him too! Will have to add this one to my want from Anne list. Look forward to seeing this stitched, because I can see threads and stitches too.