Tuesday, November 16, 2010

More progress on Herr D


I'm on the home stretch now stitching the model for the Herr Drosselmeyer canvas.

All the Scotch stitches are now in place for the background. I usually "frame" as I go along, but need to acquire the thread for the tent stitches. But before I could finish this part of the background, I needed to stitch the clock cabinet. I often use perle cotton to simulate the look of wood grain, and here selected DMC #5 perle cotton #801 in a series of slanted gobelin stitches over two canvas threads.

Once I finish the background, all that remains is the inside of the clock itself, and I'll be done!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The perle works really well for the wood of the clock - very impressive.

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Another wonderful little piece with lots of personality! Love him! (and his clock)

Cool City Stitcher said...

You've made a lot of progress in such a short time. I love this piece. Very nice!