Monday, November 1, 2010

New month, new project


It isn't often that I get to start a new project on the first day of a month, but this one I'm definitely looking forward to. Knowing that I've been on an "Irish kick" lately, designer Judy Harper asked if I would pilot-stitch a canvas for her. As an outgrowth of her angels series, she's contemplating some new designs of dolls representing different foreign countries. Here's Maureen, a wee Irish lass!

Having already stitched Judy's July and December angels, I knew what fun was in store and immediately agreed. We've discussed threads and stitches I might use, and I have my marching orders: no bullion stitches for the hair, no "special effects," and--above all--no goop!

Halloween's over--time to move on to a female form that's fresh-faced and charming! I think Maureen definitely fits the bill.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She makes a lovely change from all the gap-toothed pumpkins around last week!

Cool City Stitcher said...

She's beautiful, and I can't wait to see how you stitch her. I think girls of all ages would like collecting dolls from this series. Lovely!

Possibilities, Etc. said...

LOL Rachel's comment! Also gloomy dark spectres in black dresses. I feel sure Anne will enhance this girl, whereas I just paint them - I can't stitch to do them justice.