Thursday, November 29, 2018

'Tis the season....

This time of year, it's easy to get pulled in any number of different directions, and stitching often takes a back seat.  But I did finally complete the little door hanger, and I'm happy with the overall effect.

The same Vineyard Silk Classic Foliage that formed the lettering was used in a stem stitch for the flower stems, with VSC Sage for leaves in a satin stitch.

 The main portion of the hot pink flower was worked in an encroaching Gobelin stitch with VSC Cherry Tree, outlined in tent stitches with Peppermint and accented with stem and long stitches with Burmilana.  The center was worked in a Leviathan stitch variation with VSC Jewel surrounded by French knots of VSC Creme Brulee.  More Peppermint was used in an encroaching Gobelin stitch for the other flower, with tent stitches of VSC Dream and Bright White and French knot flowers of Creme Brulee in the center.

Thje butterflies were worked in encroaching Gobelin, satin and tent stitches with VSC Jewel, Celestial, Cherry Tree, Jet Black and bright pink Burmilana.  I need to pick up some lace trim from the local fabric store before sending this project off for finishing.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

The thought that counts

Plowing along on the background, I finally stitched enough to add the lettering in tent stitch with Vineyard Silk Classic Foliage.

I'm hoping to get more accomplished over the long weekend.  Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Sunday, November 11, 2018

A shining sun

My goal in the last week was to stitch enough background so I'd clear the outside rays of the sun.  With that accomplished, I filled in the rest of the sun with Vineyard Silk Classic Creme Brulee and Nectarine in an encroaching Gobelin stitch.  The facial features were added with tent stitches.

In the next week or so, I hope to complete enough background so I can add some lettering

Sunday, November 4, 2018

A good start

This is just a little piece--about five in. by seven in.--so I wanted to keep the stitching fairly simple.  I started the background in basketweave with four strands of DMC floss 3841.

When the blue became a bit tedious, I treated myself to the center of the sun, working it in an encroaching Gobelin stitch with Vineyard Silk Classic Creme Brulee.

Back to the background for a while!