Friday, September 17, 2010

Another day, another design

What do we have here? The beginning of another sailor's valentine! I had so much fun developing "Beacon" that I decided to create one entirely different. My goal here is to use colors more typical of a conventional valentine while retaining the spirit of a sailor's valentine in my choice of "found" objects to embellish it.

Two little problems are getting in my way: I'm waiting for some "reinforcements" to arrive so I can determine the exact placement of the treasures that will decorate this piece. And I've also had a lot of painting to do: every ABS Designs canvas is stitch-painted by yours truly, and there are only so many hours in a day!

But I have managed to stitch the basic outline for this new piece, using Antique Light Mauve Petite Very Velvet in basketweave. For a nice clean edge, I worked the perimeter in a stem stitch with DMC cotton floss #225. Now if everyone claps really hard, the USPS will hopefully come through soon with my treasures!


Cool City Stitcher said...

I'm so glad you're introducing this new (to me) design of valentines. I can see them framed in a group.

Possibilities, Etc. said...

The color is gorgeous!! I hope your "embellishments" arrive soon, as I'm eager to see more of this one in progress.