Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A garden in bloom


Now that all the flowers have been added, this little Sailor's Valentine is finished!

I worked French knot flowers using four colors of Vineyard Silk Classic: Provence, Captain's Blue, Peppermint and Cherry Tree. I fell in love with these colors working on the ring-bearer pillow in the latest issue of Needlepoint Now, and wanted to incorporate them in another project.

My goal for this Sailor's Valentine was to make it look more feminine and romantic than the nautically-inspired ones I've done, and I think I've succeeded! Now I'm going to try to escape the oppressive heat and humidity by heading for my cool basement studio/office and working on another lighthouse design!

6 comments:

Cool City Stitcher said...

Oh my.. 'tis lovely. Beautiful colors and flowers.

Anonymous said...

You have succeeded magnificently!! This is the best sailor's valentine ever! Try to stay cool as you start on a new lighthouse.

Cyn said...

Love this one!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Anonymous said...

Delightful, delicate and feminine, just as you wanted!

Donna said...

Wow. I love how that last little bit of color really sets off the whole piece. Nice finish!

Mer said...

This is gorgeous! Love all of the added details.