Saturday, November 26, 2011

Another man in my life


The Savile Row series began as an exercise in duplicating patterns and fabrics using simple needlepoint stitches. So far I've stitched tweed coats, sweaters imitating Argyle, Aran and fair isle patterns, and a hounds-tooth waistcoat.

The fourth entry in the series is Cecil, another dapper gent who's a bit more of a dandy than his friends. Cecil is dressed in a sweater vest or jumper, as folks across the pond would call it, with a bow tie and a windowpane-patterned coat.

Do come back and check my progress as I bring Cecil to life!

2 comments:

Cool City Stitcher said...

I already like this one. Very clever designs, all of them!

Anonymous said...

Cecil will definitely stand out in a crowd. Can't wait to see all the details you will include as you stitch.