Thursday, January 31, 2013

Stash enhancement!

A few days ago, I visited my LNS to buy more threads for the angel canvas.  First up:  more DMC cotton floss #304 to finish her dress.

I also needed to finish the lower hillside on either side of the angel.  My preference was to continue with the Weeks Dye Works #5 perle cotton "Hunter," and I lucked out!  Two more skeins awaited me at the shop, and this section is now complete as well.  I'm a little more than two-thirds of the way through stitching this canvas--only the lion and its surrounding area remain.

I purchased the threads I'll need for the lion's mane and ordered some threads for its body--hopefully they'll arrive soon!

1 comment:

M&Co. said...

I've been studying this one. I don't think it's anything I'd have ever picked to stitch, but you are doing a wonderful job.

I think the thing which strikes me about your stitching is that you are always able to do a wonderful job, make an elegant beautiful project, with simple threads and stitches.

I can't remember the last time I used DMC floss on a project; primarily because I'm lazy and don't like to lay threads anymore. But you have used relatively simple stitches and threads to make a beautiful angel.

That is what is so hard for me; picking the right thread and the right stitch to add to a project instead of distract from it.