Monday, March 24, 2014

More progress on Anne of Cleves


Slow going these days--more painting than stitching--but I've managed to get half of Anne's red velvet gown completed.

In between lengths of red Petite Very Velvet, I've been working on the trim as well:  more braided knitting stitches for her sleeves and stem stitches to define the trim around her neck and waist.

I also did a little work on her headdress, outlining the structured area around her face in tent stitches with a Kreinik metallic that combines gold with a hint of red.  Inside the metallic thread I added gold Silk Lame Braid in slanted Gobelin and tent stitches.  The gauzy veil that falls from this hat will be added later.

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I have to say she's my favorite wife. I just love her outfit and expression, so I can't wait to see the veil!