Friday, August 8, 2014

Stitching for myself again--finally!

I can't believe it's been over a month since I last blogged!  This summer has been exceptionally busy:  Hotel Stradal was open for visiting relatives, I've been painting doorways like crazy for my ANG class in September as well as stitching a canvas for the next Needlepoint Now column.  The painting continues, but I now have a little time to squeeze in a small project for myself.

You may recall that some time ago, a stitching friend no longer able to needlepoint bequeathed her entire stash to me.  She, too, has an fondness for angels, and had collected several designs by Joan Thomasson.  This one pictured here is "Elizabeth," and since both the name and the colors appealed to me, I'm going to work on her first.  After all, you can't be too rich, too thin, or have too many angels on an angel tree at holiday time!

3 comments:

Needle Nicely said...

Glad to hear you're back in the stitching groove. Can't wait to see what wonders you produce on your beautiful angel.

Anonymous said...

She is a beauty, can't wait to see what wonderful stitches and threads you use.

Anonymous said...

She is a beauty, can't wait to see what wonderful stitches and threads you use.