Friday, October 22, 2010

A good day's work


Yesterday was a mixed-bag day, but a good one!

I began the day with a trip to my LNS, Town-Ho Needleworks, shopping list in hand as if I were going to the grocery store. I also brought along my little Leprechaun, who will be finished as a cylindrical ornament.

Greeting me at the LNS was Humpty Dumpty, finished as a stand-up! If you recall, I designed and stitched this little fellow for my neighbor's newest granddaughter, Amelia, who was born at the end of August. I'm thrilled with the way this gift was finished--the cording provides just the right amount of twinkle without going over the top!

I also scooped up a bunch of threads that I'll be using to stitch the beagle in my new Nenah Stone canvas--I needed an assortment of browns that just weren't forthcoming in my stash. Now that I've finished painting an order, I can go back to needle-blending the sky behind the beagle. And I need to finish stitching an ornament that I've been working on behind the scenes as the last Christmas present for this year. Busy days, busy people!

4 comments:

Kareen said...

This turned out adorable! It sounds like you're keeping busying with stitching. I am excited to see Molly idolized in thread. :] Lovely flowers on the other post, by the way.

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Humpty was cute before, but now he really comes to life. I like the simple finishing! Carry on - "busy" is good.

Anonymous said...

What a little treasure Humpty will be for your neighbor's grandchild! Love the braid they created for him. Now I'm looking forward to seeing Molly come to life.

Cool City Stitcher said...

I enjoy seeing the 'finished' project and this is a perfect finish. What a special gift for a child's room.