Monday, October 3, 2011

Tennis, anyone?


In case you couldn't tell, I've been having a lot of fun lately replicating fabrics and clothing patterns in needlepoint. So much fun, in fact, that I've come up with a new model in the "Savile Row" series. Here's Reggie, an aspirant to the Wimbledon tennis title!

The challenge here will be to stitch a traditional tennis sweater for Reggie that looks as realistic as possible. I'll also need to choose wisely in my stitch selection for his warm-up jacket.

You may not have a tennis player in your family, but you might possibly have another sweater canvas in your stash that needs some help to be ready in time for Christmas. The stitches I use for Reggie's sweater may provide some inspiration, so do stay tuned!

3 comments:

Cool City Stitcher said...

This series is a very welcome change from the ordinary needlepoint. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Makes me wish I played tennnis. Look forward to seeing what you do to bring Reggie to life.

Needle Nicely said...

Interesting challenge to simulate the knit of a sweater as contrasted to a blazer. I can't wait to see how you accomplish it.