Friday, January 15, 2016

Seamus the Sheep


With the Nutcracker/Packages stocking completed, I turned to my current Needlepoint Now stitching project.  In record time, it was finished.  My next stocking in the "personal stitching" category still hadn't arrived, and I was getting perturbed.  Hell hath no furry like a stitcher with nothing to stitch!

So I started painting--a lamb design from a series of mini Easter eggs that I had discontinued.  Same lamb, different treatment to make it a St. Patrick's Day memento for my new daughter-in-law.  The newlyweds honeymooned in Ireland, renting a car and touring the countryside.  It seemed that, at every turn of the road, they had to slow down to let a flock of sheep pass by.  A particularly cute little fellow caught their eye and was dubbed "Seamus."

So here he is, framed with Impressions Emerald in a Nobuko stitch with an inner border of Kreinik metallic.  His head was stitched in basketweave with eons old Paternayan and his body in French knots with vintage DMC Medici wool.  Sheep's Silk in a diagonal mosaic stitch created the grass.  All from my stash, and all from my heart.

P.S.  Now waiting on TWO canvases.  Sigh....


3 comments:

Needle Nicely said...

That is gorgeous! And a wonderfully thoughtful gift for your new daughter-in-law.

Edy said...

Very cool.

Anne Bloom said...

I don't know if I thanked you for the bells. They are here and are perfect. Thank you so much!

Anne