Friday, May 7, 2021

Mother's Day Memories


 Shirtwaist dresses, necklaces, permed hair, high heels, and shopping bags out the ying-yang.  That was my mother to a tee.  My mother was known for going to the mall to buy a pair of stockings and emerging three hours later with--believe it or not--one pair of stockings.  She hated to return anything, so what she didn't want was added to my closet.  She was known to borrow a dress from me and hike it up with a belt to allow for the fact that I was four inches taller than she was.

So what goes around, comes around.  Just this past week, I learned that my oldest granddaughter, just three, has inherited the "Shopping Gene."  Until recently that honor belonged to her father, the only one who could go shopping with my mother and, after four hours of cruising the mall, ask if there were any other places she'd like to go.  Did he know he'd be receiving his comeuppance someday when he chose my mother's name as part of his daughter's?

Happy Mother's Day, Ma--I'll always love you to pieces!

No comments: