Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fishbowl finale


Just in time for the first day of Spring, my "Fantasy Fishbowl" is finished!

It's just a little bowl, after all, so I decided to use only two water plants for decoration. The sword plant on the left was worked in a type of "free embroidery" with one strand of Watercolours "Jade."

The water sprite plant on the right took a little more practice stitching before I attacked the actual canvas. I used a green Petite Very Velvet, draping the thread on top of the canvas as I went along to see where I should place the next branch and anchor it with a leaf.

I'm happy with the way this project turned out--the placement of the elements, the color of the water, the gravel at the bottom, and the little fishes themselves all make for a pleasing image that would appeal to grown-ups and kids alike.

Next week I'll head back on land again to visit another lighthouse!

5 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Fabulous! I love the water plants which look very real to me. Nice job and a fun stitch I am sure.

Possibilities, Etc. said...

This is absolutely charming! It makes me smile to look at it. Good job with the plants!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Everything works together so well. A real charmer.

Pierrette =^..^= said...

I was looking at the photograph before you added the water plant decorations and it is interesting to see the transformation that happens by just adding a few extra elements in the fishbowl.

Pierrette =^..^=

Front Range Stitcher said...

Very nice job all around.