Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Life in a fishbowl


I'm treading water for my next project--a little design called "Fantasy Fishbowl." The bowl is five inches wide on 18-count canvas, a size suitable for either framing or as an ornament.

Why a fishbowl? Over the years, my two lads must have parented at least a dozen fish apiece, and I've presided over as many "naval funerals." Children and adults alike are fascinated by fish, and I thought it would be fun to bring a few to life in needlepoint!

When I've finished stitching the basic elements you see here, I'll add a few more elements to enhance the little fishes' habitat!

3 comments:

Edy said...

Can't wait to see this one!

Possibilities, Etc. said...

A wonderful beginning - I'm anxious to see the rest, and look forward to seeing the steps of progress. (also sea weed) The fish bowl does bring back memories - including my own childhood. I fertilized the rose garden rather than having naval burials.

Pierrette =^..^= said...

Naval funerals! Had some of my own too, sadly enough.

I think that most people have a fascination with fishes of all kinds and they are quite relaxing to look at. Read somewhere that they are good for lowering the blood pressure, but that is another story (grinning).

There are lots of possibilities for the additional elements, seaweeds, grains of sand, sea shells, etc.

Seems like a fun little project.

Pierrette =^..^=