Saturday, March 6, 2010

Suiting up


Stitching has been slow going these last few days as I prepared for a trunk show and tax returns! But I've dutifully plodded along with the background and started on the little clown's jumpsuit.

This area of the canvas has what I call a "built-in" stitch guide: a series of Scotch stitches in diagonal rows of alternating colors. Once again, I'm using DMC cotton floss for the Scotch stitches.

Having reached the bottom right corner of the background, I'll finish that over the weekend and ponder what thread to use for the hair portion of the little clown's wig.

TRUNK SHOW NEWS: For all you snowbirds as well as Florida residents, my trunk show at Needle Nicely in Vero Beach begins today and continues through the month. Do go visit Mary Agnes Rhudy Cussen, the owner, and tell her I said hello!

1 comment:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

The suit is coming to life! Looks great - happy and colorful. Vero Beach is nice - wish I could be there and visit the shop and "see you" all spread out in a trunk show! (Or at least be in Tallahassee for the spring.)